More than 50 million Americans suffer from some form of arthritis, making it one of the most common causes of chronic pain in the United States of America.
Dr. Michael Basch of Talia Medical Group in Temecula, California has been treating arthritis for over 25 years and works with patients young and old who suffer from joint pain, inflammation, and limited mobility. Call or book a consultation online today to discuss your arthritis concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Arthritis refers to various types of joint pain and joint diseases. Arthritis can make it difficult to go about your daily life due to pain and limited mobility, and it can permanently damage your joints.
Some types of arthritis are caused by internal inflammation or infections, while others are caused by injury or joint wear and tear. Obesity is also a risk factor for arthritis.
The most common arthritis symptoms include:
- Joint pain
- Joint swelling
- Limited range of motion
- Joint damage and bone erosion
- Internal tissue damage; for example, damage to the eyes, heart, or lungs
Since there are many types of arthritis, the disease affects everyone differently and can occur at any age. The risk of developing arthritis, however, increases as you age.
Arthritis describes a broad range of joint diseases and disorders.
- Inflammatory arthritis, such as rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis, occurs when the immune system attacks joint tissue, causing unnecessary inflammation and pain.
- Degenerative arthritis, such as osteoarthritis, develops when joint cartilage wears down between bones, causing pain, bone damage, and reduced range of motion.
- Infectious arthritis arises when an infection produces inflammation in the joints. Infectious arthritis can often be treated with antibiotics.
- Metabolic arthritis results from a buildup of uric acid in the joints.
Dr. Basch diagnoses your particular type of arthritis and works with you to develop the best treatment plan for your needs.
To diagnose your arthritis accurately, Dr. Basch completes a full physical exam and may request blood tests and imaging scans.
He also customizes arthritis treatment plans to each patient. These plans often include:
- Physical therapy
- Diet changes
Get relief from arthritis: Call Dr. Basch’s office today or book an appointment online.